Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stork ain't got nothin' on flower delivery

Jotting down ideas for later...fairy infant born in a flower, acorn cap and leaf swaddler. I've been somewhat (very little) working on illustrating a story a friend wrote for the birth of my daughter. I keep getting images, vignettes, of the pages in my head, so I try my best to either sketch em out, or at least write down the notes. It seems I have less time for myself these days, but then family and work tend to come first.

So Sunday I turned another full year older. I remember thinking 20 years back that I'd never make it to 37, and yet here I am. 10 years ago I still thought I'd never had kids, or be married. And now I'm the father of 2, and have been wedded to my wife for 4 years now. I can only hope that as I grow older I learned to forgive myself more, to let go of past regrets that keep rearing their bitter heads, and be better than who I was the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment